Thursday, February 3, 2011

You asked for it!

So, a few of my friends have asked for pictures of our new place.  I’m prepared to share a few pictures, but not without a caveat.  This house is not clean.  I’m trying my best to keep up with it, but by the time I get a room clean, it’s time to dirty up the kitchen for dinner time or cut up some fabric or it’s too dark to photograph for you…  So, please accept my apologies (and excuses) for the messiness of the house.  It is what it is.

exterior

As you can see, there are lots of plants in the front yard, including a giant palm tree.  Thank goodness for the sprinkler system.  :)

image

This is the front living room.  We don’t use it much.  image We’d rather watch tv in the back living room.  It’s more comfortable, and the tv is bigger.  :)  It’s rest time here, so Tanner’s hanging out on the couch watching Looney Tunes on netflix.

image

Plus, the back living room is open to the kitchen.

image

Speaking of the kitchen…  It’s a mess.  Did I mention that earlier?  Yes.  I’m showing you my house in its current state.  I’m not happy about it either.  No, the drawer is not missing – it’s getting some wood glue right now.  And the stuff on the counter above the dishwasher?  Most of that stuff belongs in the drawer…  And it’s laundry day here, and the kids haven’t put their clothes away yet.  This is no model home, people.  I live here.  :)

image Here’s another messy countertop and a pretty awesome refrigerator, next to a roomy pantry that I didn’t photograph.  Sorry ‘bout that.

The back living room also has a huge sliding glass door, which opens up toimage this lovely view.  Yes, my friends, there are gators living in that pond.  So we’re told.  image

image Here’s the big boys’ room.

image

My shower.  It is pretty much amazing. image

And, this is pretty awesome too.

I’m not showing you my bedroom, because it is too messy.  Our bed broke a couple of days after we moved in.  (It’s a long story.) We haven’t fixed it yet.  Maybe this weekend we’ll get that done.

I didn’t take any pictures of Travis’s room since he’s taking a nap.  It’s the only bedroom without a vaulted ceiling.

So, last but not least:image

my sewing space.  It’s a work in progress.  But I’m having fun figuring it out.  There’s an IKEA trip in my future to get this organized…

1 comments:

Celeste said...

It looks so fun and I am so glad things seem to be going well for you guys! Keep the pictures coming so we can see you guys! Miss you lots!