Sunday, March 13, 2011

Busch Gardens

We got passes to Busch Gardens so we can go back all year long.  We went twice in February, and I’m looking forward to going again.  I didn’t take that many pictures, so I’ll be sure to take more next time.

The boys had an eye opening experience the second time that we went.  I took the kids to the park with some friends since it was a school holiday, and we had lots of fun.  :)

The kids rode fun roller coasters.  This is an image of the Scorpion, a roller coaster the kids really enjoyed.  I’m still in shock that my little boys are big enough for a coaster this big, but of course they were thrilled.  In fact, Timmy only needs to grow like three inches and then he’ll be big enough for the big roller coasters.  Like this one: Sheikra. It has a 90 degree drop.  I think Doug is excited to ride it.  I’ll pass.  Someone has to stay with the kids that are too small to ride, right?

It was a nice warm February day (don’t be jealous!), so the kids had fun playing at the splash pad too.  And there’s a cool Cirque du Soleil show.  I didn’t think my boys would like it, but they loved it.

**Those with weak constitutions or easily aggravated gag reflexes are advised to stop reading here.**

 

We also enjoyed seeing lots of animals.  While touring the Orangutan exhibit, we watched them play and climb and swing.  Just before we moved on to the Gorilla exhibit, one orangutan sat on a cliff edge within the habitat and proceeded to – ummm – do his business.  The kids were fascinated watching the ape poop.  Their fascination soon turned to disgust when the animal grabbed his poop in his hand and took a big bite.  He walked over to another area, picked up some lettuce.  He had lettuce in one hand and feces in the other.  What a snack.  GROSS!  The kids thought it was pretty cool.  I thought it was disgusting.

0 comments: