Sunday, March 13, 2011

Siesta Key

Yesterday, we had a blast at the beach.  My parents are in town, so we, of course, took a trip to the beach.  I can’t have my parents come to Florida for a visit and not go to the beach now, can I?  :)

image So, we chose to go to Siesta Beach.  Some of Doug’s coworkers were also planning on going there, so we met up with them when we got there.  I have never seen sand like this.  Gorgeous.  The finest white sand I have ever seen.  I really can’t wait to go back when it’s warmer.  The high yesterday was in the low 70s.  Not exactly warm, especially with the cool sea breeze. 

We were cold, so we didn’t stay for the sunset, but it was cool to see the cute old couples arrive as we were leaving.  They got their beach chairs and a blanket and sat along the beach to watch the sunset.  I love to watch old couples, especially the ones that still hold hands.  I like to imagine that they’ve been married for 50+ years and that they still argue over silly things like where to squeeze the toothpaste tube.  Anyway, I digress…

The kids made a fun sandcastle, but I forgot to take a picture.  A group near us sculpted this: image

Doug, Ian, and a few of the other guys did a lot of this:image

Football on the beach is pretty much mandatory, right?  I totally would have played too, if I wasn’t holding a sleeping baby almost the whole time.  Doug had a good time playing catch.  :)  image

I didn’t get in the water.  It was too cold, and I was holding a sleepy baby most of the time that we were there.  (I’m not complaining, just explaining why I sat in my chair most of the time…)  The temperature didn’t stop the kids from having a great time splashing in the frigid salt water.  Mom and Dad even got their feet wet.  Even that was too cold for me.image

image Timmy pretending to surf.  :)image

image Tanner was having lots of fun, until he got out.  Then he was frrrreeezing. image

Once he dried off, Tanner had a good time chasing sea gulls and Timmy worked diligently on his sand castle.image image

image So much fun!! 

Ok, friends, who is going to visit next?  Let’s go to the beach!  :)

0 comments: