Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Break Wrap Up

On my family’s last day here, we went to Tarpon Springs.  The Sponge Docks were very fun.  There were some great shops.  We bought gifts for them to take back to Texas.  I bought some shells and a way awesome locally harvested sponge for my bathtub.  :)  Then, we had awesome Greek food.  We went to Hella’s Restaurant.  Awesome. Huge. Gyros.  So delicious.  Somewhere between the shops and the restaurant, we lost a binky.  So, after a quick trip to Walgreens (or was it CVS?), we came back to the house.  Then I went to sign all the paperwork for the sale of our house.  That’s another post.  We are all anxious to go back to the Sponge Docks when my family is here again in October.  I’ll be back before then, for sure.  :)

Our visitors left early on Wednesday morning.  It was way early.  Too early to be really sad, at least for me, because I got to go back to bed after Doug, Mom, Dad and Ian left.  Don’t get me wrong, I miss them like crazy, but in that moment, I really just wanted to go back to bed.  I’m not a morning person.

After I woke up again and made breakfast, I took the kiddos to the doctor for check ups.  Tanner is super healthy. :)  His ear infection is completely gone.  He only had to get a flu shot, no vaccines this time.  :)  Travis has been really congested and is fighting an ear infection.  He’s still my little boy, weighing in less than 18 pounds, about 10th percentile.  He’s a happy little boy, and I adore him. 

The next day, we went to the grocery store, quite an adventure with three kids. Then we went to Busch Gardens.  I’m so grateful for our season passes.  We had lots of fun.  We visited the Sesame Street Safari of Fun, watched the Sesame Street show.  I even got a hug from Cookie Monster.  :)  The big kids played in Oscar’s Swamp and another splash pad area while the baby napped.  Then we went to Timbuktu so they could ride the Scorpion roller coaster.  They love that ride.  :)

That was Thursday.  Thursday night, Travis had a fever.  I’m not sure if it was because of the ear infection or the vaccines he had.  He was still not feeling well on Friday, so we spent the day at home.  Rather than watching cartoons or playing the Wii or watching Star Wars, we decided to paint.  I had some wooden picture frames and a birdhouse.  The kids had a good time painting them.  I was surprised how well-behaved they were with their paint brushes in hand.  Maybe we should paint more often.  :)  I do love to paint.  We could do that.  :)